SLEEPS 12 – 19 GUESTS
5 BEDROOM HOUSE AND 1 BEDROOM COTTAGE (ALL WITH EN-SUITE BATHROOMS)
- BED “MONDAY” – 1 Super King (double) Bed + 1 Single “Bed in Box” (optional) + 1 Single Sofa Bed (optional)
- BED “TUESDAY” – 1 King (double) Bed + 1 Single “Bed in Box” (optional)
- BED “WEDNESDAY” – 1 Super King (double) Bed + Double Sofa Bed (optional)
- BED “THURSDAY” – 1 King (double) Bed
- BED “FRIDAY” – 1 Super King (double) Bed OR 2 Single Beds
- “THE WEEKENDER” – 1 Super King (double) Bed + 1 Double Sofa Bed (optional) + 2 Travel Cots
Bedrooms – what’s included?
- Smart flat screen TV
- Free super-fast wifi access
- Egyptian cotton sheets and goose down duvets
- Ironing facilities, hairdryer and fan
- Nespresso machine and 3 coffee pods / bedroom
- Selection of Whittard of Chelsea tea
- Mini fridge for personal use
- Travel cots x 2, including mattresses and sheets
- Welcome pack with comprehensive list of local attractions, gastro pubs, caterers, taxi companies and walks
Bathrooms – what’s included?
- Cast iron roll top bath with separate monsoon shower
- Fluffy white Egyptian cotton towels
- Waffle slippers
- Cowshed cosmetics
- Cotton wool pads and buds
- Shower hats
- BBQ (gas provided)
- Magazines and board games
- Household tissues and products
- Children’s kit – 2 highchairs, 2 travel cots and mattresses, nappy changing mat, potty, child loo seat, BT video baby monitor, bath toys, children crockery and cutlery (please bring baby sleeping bag or duvet)
In the kitchen
- Range cooker
- Fine bone china crockery
- Champagne, glasses, pint glasses and tumblers
- 2 fridges and freezer
- Nespresso machine
In the larder
- Homemade Victoria sponge cake
- Selection of Whittard of Chelsea teas
- Nespresso capsules to start you off…
- Litre of milk from the local dairy
- Cold pressed local rapeseed oil
- Brown and white sugar
- Salt and pepper
The Cowsheds sleeps 12-19 guests and is comprised of one large 5 bedroom house (the former cowsheds) and a 1 bedroom cottage, “The Weekender”, which is literally metres away from the house. Guests sleeping in The Weekender can share the communal areas in the Cowsheds, whilst also being able to escape to the cottage for a little peace from the rest of the party, if needed!
The Grade II listed cowshed conversion has high beamy ceilings, light spacious rooms with rustic features from the farm in its heyday. The Cowsheds is comprised of 5 bedrooms, all with en-suite bath/shower rooms, a large kitchen / dining room and a sitting room. The Weekender consists of 1 large bedroom with an en-suite bathroom (upstairs) and a sitting room and kitchen / dining room (downstairs) with an outside area for dining.
All of the bedrooms have a cupboard, desk, smart TV, access to free super-fast wifi, a full length mirror, a hairdryer, a mini fridge, a Nespresso machine and tea-making facilities, and fit a travel cot (if required). The beds are made up in Egyptian cotton sheets, goose down duvets and pure wool throws. The bathrooms all have a cast iron roll top bath and / or a monsoon shower, along with fluffy white Egyptian cotton towels and Cowsheds cosmetics. Please see more detail for each bedroom under “The Bedrooms” tab.
The Cowsheds’ Kitchen / Dining Room
The kitchen diner has high beamy ceilings and a glass frontage allowing the sun to stream through, whilst adorned with low level copper lighting and glass pendant lighting to ensure a more subtle vibe in the evenings.
The dining area holds a round farmhouse table suitable for up to 20 people with a couple of breakfast tables by the windows and a large smart TV. The kitchen itself is well-equipped with a large range cooker, microwave, dishwasher, Nespresso machine, 2 fridges, mini freezer, bluetooth beatbox, selection of fine bone china crockery, plenty of wine glasses and tumblers, and all the mod cons you could possibly require.
The Cowsheds’ Sitting Room
The sitting room (please see floor plan) is furnished with 3 large comfortable sofas (one of which is a double sofa bed) topped with Volga linen scatter cushions, a coffee table, desk and a large smart TV. There are board games at your disposal. A thick linen curtain can be drawn across directly in from of the double bed to carve off the bedroom area, leaving access to the bathroom from the sitting room.
‘The Weekender’ Cottage
Outside Area and Parking
Outside there is a small grassed area front and back. In front of the Cowsheds is a large courtyard lined in ornamental pear trees and a traditional stone wall. Outside the dining room is a large teak table and 20 chairs furnished with nickel lanterns, and a barbecue (gas provided). To the exterior of the Cowsheds, we are growing a small orchard and you may well see our chickens roaming free and the ponies in the paddocks beyond.
The Cowsheds have their own separate courtyard and plenty of space for parking of up to 10 cars, as well as their own separate entrance from the road. Please enquire if you need any additional parking.
Guest / Disabled access
Once inside the Cowsheds, it’s all on one level, except a step up into the en-suite bathroom to Bedroom “Wednesday” and a small step up up into the sitting room from the kitchen /dining room. There is a small step up into each bedroom from outside with large double doors into all bedrooms except Bedroom “Friday”. Bathroom “Tuesday” also has several grab rails so is possibly best suited to any elderly or disabled members of the group. Please note that all of the bedrooms have outdoor access and Bedroom “Friday” has it’s own outdoor gravelled seating area. Please also note that Bedrooms “Monday”, “Tuesday” and “Wednesday” are integral, whereas Bedrooms “Thursday” and “Friday” are rather more self-contained, albeit just a few paces away from the communal areas.
Interaction with guests
Whilst our house is separate from the Cowsheds (next door, but one), it is just a stone’s throw away so we are very much available if needed.